Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Crazies



Review By : Amiya Ranjan Chakraborty


WHAT A CRAP

I am a huge fan of zombies movies, I liked almost every zombie movies no matter how bad they were, except this one. This is one of the worst zombie movie I have ever seen. After seeing the first 20 minutes I thought this is going to be a good movie but unfortunately I was wrong.

The plot begins when residents of Ogden Marsh begins to turn into violent psychopaths due to some toxin by drinking from the town's water supply which has been contaminated after a government plane crashed into the small town's water pit. And Sheriff David Duttonhis his wife, and two other unaffected townspeople band together in a fight for survival.

About 15-20 minutes into this quickly paced film, it's not just the zombified people the main characters need to worry about; an army of people brought in from the powers that be to exterminate all the infected people come and shoot people dead instead of taking the time to see who's sick and who's fine.

Plus, the film never really stops to flesh itself out. Sure, there's small attempts at speeches about why townspeople are being killed off if they have the disease or not -- but certainly not enough to make me feel any bit of consequence.


My Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment